December 23, 2019
In our final episode of 2019, Michael (Floody) and Austin (Cookie) discuss the ins and outs of the WEC Bahrain 8 hours, talk 'pace creep' in sportscars, delve into the WEC 2020/2021 calendar, and discuss the possibility of a single top-level sportscar platform. We also take a quick look back on 2019 and share some of our memories and achievements!
- 0:05 LMP1 - an 8 hour race over at turn 1
- 0:25 LMP2 - a dominant performance in a class that flew under the radar
- 0:42 GTE-Pro - strategy, reliability, and all-out-battling. The best of the best
- 0:54 GTE-Am - a championship shake up after one of the best Am drives ever
- 1:11 "Pace Creep" - how long until everything is too fast?
- 1:21 The WEC 20/21 calendar - classic tracks, worldwide events, less clashes!
- 1:38 LMHy/DPi convergence - "As close as it's ever been"
- 1:51 2019 review - our favourite series, races, moments and achievements this year!
December 9, 2019
Ahead of the last major race for 2019, Michael (Floody), Ollie (Trewavasaurus) and Andrija (SolHiemis) talk Shanghai, success handicaps, tyre wars, set up windows, Am drive times, and everything else around the 4 Hours of Shanghai event. We also delve into the recent sportscar news, including a calendar change, a new challenger, and some confusing press releases. Try to keep up!
In this episode;
- 0:02 WEC Shanghai - the last of the 4 Hour events
- 0:07 LMP1 Qualifying - the first Privateer Pole
- 0:11 The race start, the first stint, and those penalties
- 0:19 Rebellion's Recovery
- 0:24 The success ballast at work: What actually went on under the surface?
- 0:34 The LMP1 championship, future adjustments, and the price of success
- 0:45 LMP2 - A dramatic tyre war, or was it?
- 1:04 GTE-Pro - The best BoP has ever been?
- 1:16 GTE-Am - a great race lost in the fog of other classes
- 1:25 WEC News - Interlagos cancelled, COTA returns
- 1:31 WEC News - The Lions return to Le Mans
- 1:36 WEC News - Hypercars must be entered by an automotive brand?
- 1:40 WEC News - LMP2 to be slowed for next season, but we knew that already?
- 1:42 Next round, the 8 Hours of Bahrain