May 11, 2022
Today, Michael is joined by the dynamic duo of (Kiwi)Chris and Kris(Wascher) to preview the 2022 Edition of the Bathurst 12 Hour! While it's not quite the bombastic international descent onto the Mountain as it has been in editions previous, the event does feature a splash of international flavour amongst the best of the best of the Pro-Am Australian GT talent!
- 0:02 20 Cars and a local focus - What has factored into this?
- 0:11 May, sunlight, and weather
- 0:18 Pro-Am/Overall - the Audis
- 0:42 Pro-Am/Overall - The Mercs
- 0:57 Pro-Am/Overall - The Rest
- 1:09 The Am class
- 1:19 Carrera Cup returns!
- 1:24 Invitational - MARC and a X-Bow!
- 1:34 Supports, stories, and general chats!
Thanks always to TheRacingLine.App for their support!
May 5, 2022
Our host Michael caught up with FIAWEC, ELMS and AsLMS commentator and Editor in Chief of Dailysportscar.com, Graham Goodwin, for an AMA (ask me anything), with questions provided by the userbase of /r/WEC.
We covered a lot of ground in LMH, the ByKolles project, GTE's future and GTD-Pro, plus a few questions around the life of broadcasting, motorsport in general, and a few fun ones along the way as well.
Thanks to Graham for his time and participation, and of course to TheRacingLine.App for their support!
April 26, 2022
We're back! After a mini break, Michael, Austin and Kris get together to discuss the Super Sebring weekend, and catch up on the ELMS opener from Paul Ricard. We chat about the atmosphere in the campgrounds, the truncated WEC event, aspects of IMSA that are teething and long in the tooth, and ask once again, is ELMS the best sportscar series in the world at the moment?
- 0:01 Cookie's Sebring Experience
- 0:23 Sebring WEC
- 1:08 IMSA
- 1: 37 ELMS
- 2:00 What's Coming up!
April 14, 2022
Kiwi and Floody are back with the April edition of From the Grandstand. This month, we wrap up 3 rounds of Supercars action, reflect on an awesome Women's Cricket World Cup, get all the updates around the grounds in Rugby, Biathlon, the Soccer World Cup qualifications and the Premier League, and look forward to the month ahead!
- 0:00 A new addition to the Kiwi family!
- 0:02 Supercars Sydney - Stops, Shootouts, and Surprises
- 0:08 Supercars Tassie - The SVG show
- 0:16 Supercars Melbourne - Tyre troubles
- 0:34 Looking ahead - Supercars Perth and the Adelaide 500 returns!
- 0:36 Cricket Chat - Australia's tour of Pakistan
- 0:58 Women's ODI World Cup - The Australian Inevitability
- 1:15 Around the Grounds - The Super Rugby goes Trans-Tasman, Biathlon's WC Finale, and updates from the Prem and Socceroos
- 1:28 The Month Ahead - The Bathurst 6 hour, and the Hell of the North
March 3, 2022
Once more it's Kiwi Chris Riddell and Michael Zalavari wrapping up the sporting month of February From The Grandstands! Join us as we get excited for the Supercars season opener at a (likely) sodden SMP, catch up on the world of cricket, share our highs and lows from the Winter Olympics, before looking ahead to the month of March, with the Women's Cricket World Cup, Super Rugby, the Premier League, Biathlon, Netball, and the Spring Classics on our radar!
- 0:02 Supercars Chat - Pretty cars, understated testing, and a wet return to Sydney
- 0:29 Could the Adelaide 500 return?
- 0:35 Cricket chat - NZL vs RSA, Aus in Pak
- 0:53 Winter Olympics wrap up - what we watched, and our top 3 moments of the games
- 1:24 What's Kiwi watching? Super Rugby Pacific
- 1:29 What's Floody watching? The Premier League
- 1:35 What else? Women's cricket world cup, the final Biathlon events, the Cycling Spring Classics, and Super Netball!
February 14, 2022
The Endurance Chat American Contingent catches up today to debrief the Daytona 24 Hours! Join Austin and Kris as they share their watching experiences, their thoughts on DPi's 24hr Swansong, the brand-new GTD-Pro, and everything else about the 2022 Rolex 24!
Thanks to TheRacingLine.app
February 3, 2022
Join Kiwi and Floody (Chris and Michael) for a new project; From The Grandstands! A monthly podcast where we discuss all the sport we consume, from Supercars and Cricket through to Lawn Bowls and Biathlon. No sport is safe from our eyes!
This month, we catch up on the drama that has been Team Sydney no wait Team PremiAir, wrap up the Ashes, Party with Barty, and share where our attention will be during the upcoming Winter Olympics
- 0:01 Supercars Chat - the Team Sydney Saga, plus a look at the format
- 0:19 Cricket: The Men's Ashes - Australia 4.9-0 England
- 0:26 Cricket: The Women's Ashes - More of this please!
- 0:47 Cricket: New Zealand farewells one of it's greats
- 0:54 Tennis: The Australian Open - Barty, Rafa, Special K and the Australian of the Year
- 1:11 Winter Olympics: What we're excited for in the Winter Olympics - Luge, Bobsled, Biathlon, Speed Skating and Curling
- 1:34 A little story to end on
January 22, 2022
In part 2 of our Rolex 24 at Daytona preview, Kris, Austin and Michael chat GTD - the new GTD Pro class, the driver time rules, and all 35 GT machines broken down and analysed with predictions aplenty! We also pick out the big names from the MPC 4 Hour race as a curtain raiser to the big event!
- 0:01 GTD Pro - A brand new class for IMSA
- 0:05 GTD Pro Teams and Drivers - Porsche
- 0:11 Corvette
- 0:14 Lexus
- 0:17 Aston Martin
- 0:20 BMW
- 0:24 Ferrari
- 0:27 Mercedes
- 0:32 Lamborghini
- 0:35 GTD-Pro predictions
- 0:38 GTD - 22 cars! Lexus
- 0:43 Porsche
- 0:53 Lamborghini
- 1:02 Ferrari
- 1:06 Aston Martin
- 1:11 Mercedes
- 1:22 McLaren
- 1:26 Acura
- 1:29 BMW
- 1:35 predictions
- 1:40 Pilot Challenge - 4 Hours on Friday!
January 21, 2022
Today, Kris and Austin join Michael as we preview the 2022 Rolex 24 at Daytona! We chat about the big changes in the IMSA off season (including GTD Pro's introduction!), get excited for the first race of the year, and break down each of the prototype teams and drivers in Part 1 of our preview!
- 0:02 The off-season - GTD Pro's introduction, DPi down to two
- 0:14 Daytona, the Speedway, and the 24
- 0:25 DPi - Last man standing in a 7 car hit out
- 0:44 LMP2 - USA vs Europe with plenty of interest across the Atlantic!
- 1:21 LMP3 - 9 LMP3's to add chaos?
As always, thanks to TheRacingLine.App for their support!
January 13, 2022
Welcome to Season 7 of Endurance Chat! Today, Austin catches up with Michael to discuss the FIAWEC Season 10 entry list, fresh off the press! We dive into who's there, who's not, and who's changed since last November's finale at Bahrain, and offer our thoughts on the record number of cars and the 2022 calendar!
- 0:00 Season 7!
- 0:04 A record entry list for the FIAWEC
- 0:06 LMH - Peugeot make the cut, ByKolles don't
- 0:23 LMP2 - Big name returns and new faces!
- 0:50 GTE-Pro - Another car in the mix!
- 0:56 GTE-Am - Remarkable continuity from last year's 13 car entry
- 1:03 A record entry comes with implications...
- 1:10 The 2022 Calendar - 6 Rounds from America through Europe to Asia!
Thanks to TheRacingLine.App for their continued support!