September 28, 2021
Today on Endurance Chat, Michael catches up with Fantasy Endurance runner and /r/WEC Hall Of Fame member MWClarkson, to share in Clarkson's experience as a track marshal for the 2021 24 Hours of Le Mans. Clarkson shares the stories of his trip, discussing the difficulties in language, trackside amenities, the differences in experience compared to his normal circuit, and some clear highlights of the week that was the 89th running of the Le Mans 24 Hours.
Huge thanks to /u/mwclarkson for giving his time and sharing his experience with us!
September 18, 2021
Michael is joined by Austin and Ollie to debrief the 89th running of the 24 hours of Le Mans! With the dust properly settled, we've had some time to collect our thoughts, and discuss all the major talking points over an enthralling 24 hour event!
- 0:02 Le Mans - There's always something!
- 0:12 The Race Start and LMH - 5 cars like clockwork!
- 0:36 LMP2 - The battle of titans down to the wire!
- 0:49 The end of the race - A discussion on the LMP2 fight to the line, and the chequered flag on track
- 1:07 GTE-Pro - A fight in two
- 1:27 GTE-Am - AF Corse does the double
- 1:43 Final thoughts
Thanks to TheRacingLine.App for sponsoring us this year!
August 17, 2021
As always, when there's a Proto preview, there's a GTE Preview! Join Michael, Chris and Kris as we discuss the second half of the Le Mans grid; the 29 GTE Entries! With 8 Pro cars and 23 Am Machines, there's plenty to be excited about in this year's field! We discuss where these teams and drivers come from, analyse their chances, and give our (probably terrible) predictions and listen to Kiwi make another dumb bet!
- 4:00 Pro Cars
- 29:41 Pro Predictions
- 32:00 GT Am explained
- 34:30 The GT Am Cars
- 2:09 Predictions and sub activity
August 16, 2021
Austin joins Michael as we tackle the first 30 cars on the 2021 Le Mans entry list; the prototype categories. LMH, LMP2, Pros, Ams, Orecas, Alpines and Glickenhausen, there's plenty to delve into in this year's LMH and LMP2 entry list for the grand prix of Endurance. We discuss the season so far, our thoughts on balance and pace, the quality of LMP2, plus preview every team and driver to make sure you know who's who for this year's great event!
- 3:00 - What is LMH
- 9:15 - Story of the LMH Season
- 12:15 - The LMH Cars
- 37:40 - What are the P2's
- 46:45 - P2 Entry List
- 2:11:00 - Predictions
Thanks always to TheRacingLine.App
August 13, 2021
It's that time of year again! That very special time, for the biggest, best race of the year; the 24 Hours of Le Mans!
Join KiwiChris Riddell, Oliver Trewavas, and returning after a long break Buxoq to learn about the history, the prestige, and the significance of the Grand Prix of Endurance! We also take a quick look at the classes and regulations for the modern event, and talk about how and where to watch it!
Thanks as always to TheRacingLine.app for their support!
July 27, 2021
The biggest GT3 24 Hour Race in the world is here once again! Michael and Kris join the returning KiwiChris Riddell to preview the incredible Spa Francorchamps circuit, the particularities of SRO Regulations, and all 58 cars on the Entry List!
Thanks to Kiwi for hosting and editing this episode, and of course, thanks to TheRacingLine.App!
June 25, 2021
In this episode, Michael is joined by Ollie once again to delve into the numbers of the WEC race at Portimao. We discuss the Balance of Performance in LMH, Toyota and Glickenhaus' interesting events, the big battle in LMP2, and all the goings on in GTE before looking to the future at what is to come in LMH and LMDh, with news coming in almost as fast as we can digest it!
- 0:03 WEC Portimao - 8 Hours of tension!
- 0:11 The Algarve Circuit - A rollercoaster of tarmac
- 0:17 LMH - BoP and Grandfathering
- 0:34 LMH - Toyota and team orders
- 0:41 Glickenhaus - a trying debut, but encouraging signs?
- 0:46 LMP2 - JOTA dominate despite turn 3 tangle
- 1:07 GTE-Pro - Ferrari's to win after Porsche's tyre troubles
- 1:12 GTE-Am - Cetilar take advantage as favourites stumble
- 1:26 LMH and LMDh updates - BMW, Peugeot, VAG, and all the other big players discussed as we catch up on what is known, what is 'known', and what we'd like to see!
As always, thanks to TheRacingLine.App for sponsoring this podcast. Now available on Android!
June 3, 2021
With a compacted schedule making things difficult for teams and amateur podcasters alike, the American duo of Austin and Kris found some time to talk you through the 125 cars that will make up this weekend's 2021 ADAC 24 hours of the Nurburgring! Join us for a run down on the heavy hitters, a brief explanation of how the classes work, and 100% guaranteed mispronunciation of pretty much every driver in the grid (dammit cookie!)
- 0:05 Car #1 - #15 - Big heavy hitters, right up front
- 0:37 Car #16 - #34 - Some more of the big guns. SP9 a plenty
- 1:07 Car #36 - #91 - GT4 and SP machinery
- 1:33 Car #98 - #238 - Cup cars, production cars, and Nurburgring staples!
- 2:01 Car #240 - #911 - Finish off with a bang!
As always thanks to TheRacingLine.app for their sponsorship!
May 16, 2021
Ollie joins Michael to break down the ins and outs of the first round of the WEC for 2021, including the debut of the LMH category. Much was said in the lead up, politicking was in full force, but at the end of the day, it was great to have the WEC back! We dive into the expectations and delivery of the LMH machines, the pace in LMP2, and breaking driver ratings in GTE-Am, while also briefly looking ahead to (todays!) ELMS race at the Red Bull Ring, and Penske's return with Porsche
- 0:01 PORSCHE AND PENSKE BABY - Well someone's hyped
- 0:05 FIAWEC Spa - The broadcast and media product for 2021
- 0:14 LMH - How did the new class fare?
- 0:35 LMP2 - New faces, same teams!
- 0:54 GTE - Estre in a class of his own
- 1:04 GTE-Am - Ben Keating, Porsche troubles, and Super Silvers
- 1:24 ELMS Red Bull Ring - Entry list updates, LMP2 updates, awesome race track updates!
Thank you to TheRacingLine.App for their support! https://www.theracingline.app/
April 27, 2021
We're finally here; almost 5 months in to the year and we are ready for the 2021 WEC Season Launch! Join Austin and Michael as they cover off the entry list finalisations, discuss the big issues in the lead in to the first round of the WEC, and catch up on action as it's happening at the prologue test during day 1. We also discuss the opening round of the ELMS, touching on the big movers and shakers (and spinners!) during a steady opening race of the season!
- 0:02 ELMS review - LMP2 - The hierarchy has been shaken!
- 0:25 LMP3 - A few standout performances, but not from the usual suspects
- 0:31 GTE - WEC Factory Pros are a cheat code
- 0:43 General discussion, LMP2-Am, and other talking points
- 0:53 WEC Spa! First; the Glickenhaus in the room
- 1:13 Entry list updates
- 1:32 Prologue Day 1 chat