May 16, 2021
Ollie joins Michael to break down the ins and outs of the first round of the WEC for 2021, including the debut of the LMH category. Much was said in the lead up, politicking was in full force, but at the end of the day, it was great to have the WEC back! We dive into the expectations and delivery of the LMH machines, the pace in LMP2, and breaking driver ratings in GTE-Am, while also briefly looking ahead to (todays!) ELMS race at the Red Bull Ring, and Penske's return with Porsche
- 0:01 PORSCHE AND PENSKE BABY - Well someone's hyped
- 0:05 FIAWEC Spa - The broadcast and media product for 2021
- 0:14 LMH - How did the new class fare?
- 0:35 LMP2 - New faces, same teams!
- 0:54 GTE - Estre in a class of his own
- 1:04 GTE-Am - Ben Keating, Porsche troubles, and Super Silvers
- 1:24 ELMS Red Bull Ring - Entry list updates, LMP2 updates, awesome race track updates!
Thank you to TheRacingLine.App for their support! https://www.theracingline.app/
April 27, 2021
We're finally here; almost 5 months in to the year and we are ready for the 2021 WEC Season Launch! Join Austin and Michael as they cover off the entry list finalisations, discuss the big issues in the lead in to the first round of the WEC, and catch up on action as it's happening at the prologue test during day 1. We also discuss the opening round of the ELMS, touching on the big movers and shakers (and spinners!) during a steady opening race of the season!
- 0:02 ELMS review - LMP2 - The hierarchy has been shaken!
- 0:25 LMP3 - A few standout performances, but not from the usual suspects
- 0:31 GTE - WEC Factory Pros are a cheat code
- 0:43 General discussion, LMP2-Am, and other talking points
- 0:53 WEC Spa! First; the Glickenhaus in the room
- 1:13 Entry list updates
- 1:32 Prologue Day 1 chat
April 13, 2021
Getting hyped for the best Sportscar series in the world! Michael and Ollie certainly are! Join us as we discuss the brand new changes to LMP2, the new teams stepping up to the ELMS, and our thoughts on the drivers, teams and talent in this year's ELMS championship!
- 0:01 The 2021 calendar - a very pretty looking 6 round series
- 0:08 'Stratification' and P2 Politics
- 0:28 LMP2-PAm - A great addition or superfluous to requirements?
- 0:35 LMP2 - The a clash of the titans with an incredible supporting cast
- 0:59 LMP3 - All your favourite regulars plus one or two fresh faces
- 1:12 GT - An F-load of Ferraris up against Proton Porsche and TF Sport Aston Martin
- 1:40 Do yourselves a favour - watch it!
March 15, 2021
Oliver joins Michael to discuss the hot-off-the-press Le Mans entry list for 2021. We detail the WEC full season entries, all of the Automatic Invitations won, and then the invited machines who will hopefully all take part of this year's Le Mans 24 Hours. Join us for technical discussions, arguments over entry structure, lamenting GTE-Pro and weird Ferraris!
- 0:05 How does the balance feel? 30/31 Proto/GT, 12/48 Pro/Am
- 0:07 LMH - New cars, new regulations, same old story?
- 0:33 LMP2 - The evil empire hands some entries off to the French
- 1:10 GTE-Pro - The smallest GTE-Pro category since it's inception
- 1:16 GTE-Am - Ferraris that should be Porsches, Porsches that should be Ferraris, and a strong AsLMS contingent!
- 1:57 Garage 56 - Frederic Sausset brings along an innovative machine
Thanks always to TheRacingLine.app for supporting Endurance Chat!
March 11, 2021
In this episode, Michael and Austin get together to chat about the incredible feat that was the Asian Le Mans Series for 2021; A double-double header, cramming 4 four-hour races into 8 days. In a remarkable season, there were stories and discussion points aplenty, including 6 Le Mans invites, a true redemption arc, and a thrilling finale!
March 1, 2021
In this episode, Austin and Ollie catch up to discuss the recent swing of news in the world of sportscars, including the social media outreach of the SCG LMH project, the return of Ferrari to top-class endurance racing after 50 years, the newly announced Le Mans Cup Bronze+ regulations plus a brief chat about the WEC opener coming up at Portimao!
Thanks of course to TheRacingLine.App - the personalised motorsport calendar!
February 8, 2021
On this episode, Michael is joined by Chris to chat everything about the upcoming Asian Le Mans Series, double-double header! We discuss the season format, the entry lists, the strength of the series, and of course, make our picks for the coveted Le Mans Auto Invites!
- 0:01 The Asian Le Mans Series for 2021
- 0:04 A double-double header: 4 races in 2 weekends
- 0:14 AsLMS response to Covid-19
- 0:18 LMP2 - A development ground for new teams and talent
- 0:37 LMP3 - A few ELMS regulars in a Ligier dominated field
- 0:53 GT3 - 19 cars, variety aplenty!
- 1:32 What does the future hold for the AsLMS?
January 22, 2021
We are back for Season 6 of Endurance Chat! Kris and Austin join Michael to chat IMSA and the Daytona 24, talking through the introduction of the LMP3 class, the musical chairs in DPi, and predictions through the entire field! We also discuss the future of GTLM in it's current state, whether or not LMP2 can maintain it's numbers for the season, and how to use RNG to predict winners in GTD.
- 0:01 SEASON 6 BAYBEE
- 0:06 Rolex 2021!
- 0:11 DPi - Star Power in a reshuffled playing field
- 0:31 GTLM - Undersubscribed, uncertain, but definitely not uninteresting!
- 0:53 LMP2 - 10 Entries across local and international efforts!
- 1:12 LMP3 - The return of PC?
- 1:28 GTD - 20 cars, stacked with quality throughout!
- 2:00 quick Pilot Challenge detour - Kris rattles off some names
Finally, we want to welcome www.TheRacingLine.app - your Motorsport Calendar App as a sponsor to the podcast!
December 28, 2020
We've made it everyone! Michael and Austin chat Bahrain WEC, IMSA, talk about some disappointments for 2020, before being joined by Lada to look back on some of the highlights of this unprecedented year, and look ahead to exciting times to come!
- 0:03 WEC Bahrain - Adequately surmised by the 50 minute highlights
- 0:18 FIAWEC Season 8 - "We got through"
- 0:22 IMSA finale - a November 12 Hours of Sebring
- 0:27 Disappointments of 2020
- 0:36 The Ginetta LMP1 Project - a post-mortem
- 1:03 Looking back on the LMP1 era
- 1:14 Highlights of 2020
- 1:29 Lets talk 2021 - LMH and LMDh
- 1:40 Asian Le Mans Series - the most exciting series for 2021?
November 21, 2020
Michael catches up with DSC Editor and voice of FIAWEC and Asian Le Mans Series, Graham Goodwin, to chat everything from Journalism in 2020 to Motorsport in 2020 to Simracing, Le Mans, and some very off topic chats in between!
A huge thanks to GG for giving us some of his time (which turned out to be a lot of his time!) and the awesome community that enables things like this to happen!