Just in the nick of time! Join Austin and Kris as they look towards the premier GT3 race in the world, the 24 Hours of Spa Francorchamps. Part of the SRO Intercontinental GT World Challenge, it is the crown jewel in the GT3 hierarchy. We take you through every car in every class, as well as where to watch and all the support category action!
Today, we review the Grand Prix of Endurance; the 24 Hours of Le Mans for 2022. Join Michael and Ollie as they dive into the nitty gritty of the numbers behind the biggest storylines from this year's Le Mans. Were Alpine hamstrung unfairly? Was LMP2 dominated by super silvers? Can a bronze be faster than a platinum? We answer these questions and more!
- 0:01 Ollie's Le Mans Experience
- 0:05 Overall thoughts - how did we feel about Le Mans?
- 0:08 Hypercar - 5 cars in a 2 horse race
- 0:31 LMP2 - JOTA show their class as some of the favourites fall over at T1
- 0:50 GTE-Pro - Corvette's shocker, Ferrari's falter, and Porsche prevail
- 1:12 GTE-Am - Keating takes a fantastic win!
- 1:26 Broad discussions; reliability, Toyota, and Le Mans
- 1:39 Ollie's 24 to Le Mans
- 1:47 WEC Monza - What to expect from the Temple of Speed
Rounding out our trifecta of Le Mans preview episodes, Michael and Kris got together to preview the 30 GTE machines for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans. We go through the state of play in GTE-Pro, discuss the season so far, discuss the big talking points in BoP and additional entries, dive deep into GTE-Am bronze drivers and as always, offer our predictions on the big race!
- 0:03 What is GTE? What makes GTE Pro or Am?
- 0:07 The season so far - what can we glean?
- 0:14 GTE-Pro teams and drivers - Ferrari
- 0:23 GTE-Pro teams and drivers - Chevrolet
- 0:27 GTE-Pro teams and drivers - Porsche
- 0:34 Picks and predictions!
- 0:36 GTE-Am - why does it exist?
- 0:42 Every car and driver - Ferrari
- 1:18 Every car and driver - Porsche
- 1:39 Every car and driver - Aston Martin
- 1:50 Subreddit and podcast activities
- 1:54 Predictions!
- 2:00 Supports! Road To Le Mans and Ligier European Series
Thanks to TheRacingLine.App!
It's that time of year again! Michael and Ollie get together to break down the Prototype classes for the 2022 24 Hours of Le Mans, diving deep into each team, car and driver, discussing the big talking points, and giving you all the information you need to follow the prototype classes at Le Mans!
- 0:06 Hypercar - The Teams, the cars, and all the talking points
- 0:33 LMP2 - The fastest a normal person can go around a race track
- 0:39 Driver Ratings, Amateurs, and the Pro-Am category
- 0:44 The teams and drivers; The potential race winners (WRT, Prema, Vector, Penske, United, Jota)
- 1:05 The teams and drivers; The outside chances, and the French!
- 1:23 LMP2 Pro-Am - The Bronze Competition
- 1:46 Pro-Am predictions!
- 1:50 LMP2 Predictions!
- 1:56 Ollie's 24 Hours to Le Mans
Donations to Ollie's journey can be made at https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/24hourstolemans
Thanks to TheRacingLine.App
It's that time again; the height of summer, the middle of June, the 24 Hours of Le Mans! Join Michael and Kris as we talk you through everything you need to know, from how multiclass racing works, to how to actually follow a 24 hour race!
- 0:01 What is the 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 0:05 Multiclass Racing - Many races all at once
- 0:13 The four classes
- 0:40 The Circuit de la Sarthe - 13.6km of public highways and permanent circuit
- 0:46 How do you watch a 24 Hour race?
- 0:59 What makes a good 24 hour race?
- 1:07 Advice for first time watchers
- 1:14 Where to watch!
Thank you to TheRacingLine.App!
As schedules got tight and time escaped, Kris and Austin got together to record a live preview of the Nurburgring 24 Hours that happened last week. Taking questions from the audience while talking about one of the most gruelling events on the sportscar calendar, we hope you enjoy this (slightly late) ep!
Today, Michael is joined by the dynamic duo of (Kiwi)Chris and Kris(Wascher) to preview the 2022 Edition of the Bathurst 12 Hour! While it's not quite the bombastic international descent onto the Mountain as it has been in editions previous, the event does feature a splash of international flavour amongst the best of the best of the Pro-Am Australian GT talent!
- 0:02 20 Cars and a local focus - What has factored into this?
- 0:11 May, sunlight, and weather
- 0:18 Pro-Am/Overall - the Audis
- 0:42 Pro-Am/Overall - The Mercs
- 0:57 Pro-Am/Overall - The Rest
- 1:09 The Am class
- 1:19 Carrera Cup returns!
- 1:24 Invitational - MARC and a X-Bow!
- 1:34 Supports, stories, and general chats!
Thanks always to TheRacingLine.App for their support!
Our host Michael caught up with FIAWEC, ELMS and AsLMS commentator and Editor in Chief of Dailysportscar.com, Graham Goodwin, for an AMA (ask me anything), with questions provided by the userbase of /r/WEC.
We covered a lot of ground in LMH, the ByKolles project, GTE's future and GTD-Pro, plus a few questions around the life of broadcasting, motorsport in general, and a few fun ones along the way as well.
Thanks to Graham for his time and participation, and of course to TheRacingLine.App for their support!
We're back! After a mini break, Michael, Austin and Kris get together to discuss the Super Sebring weekend, and catch up on the ELMS opener from Paul Ricard. We chat about the atmosphere in the campgrounds, the truncated WEC event, aspects of IMSA that are teething and long in the tooth, and ask once again, is ELMS the best sportscar series in the world at the moment?
- 0:01 Cookie's Sebring Experience
- 0:23 Sebring WEC
- 1:08 IMSA
- 1: 37 ELMS
- 2:00 What's Coming up!
Kiwi and Floody are back with the April edition of From the Grandstand. This month, we wrap up 3 rounds of Supercars action, reflect on an awesome Women's Cricket World Cup, get all the updates around the grounds in Rugby, Biathlon, the Soccer World Cup qualifications and the Premier League, and look forward to the month ahead!
- 0:00 A new addition to the Kiwi family!
- 0:02 Supercars Sydney - Stops, Shootouts, and Surprises
- 0:08 Supercars Tassie - The SVG show
- 0:16 Supercars Melbourne - Tyre troubles
- 0:34 Looking ahead - Supercars Perth and the Adelaide 500 returns!
- 0:36 Cricket Chat - Australia's tour of Pakistan
- 0:58 Women's ODI World Cup - The Australian Inevitability
- 1:15 Around the Grounds - The Super Rugby goes Trans-Tasman, Biathlon's WC Finale, and updates from the Prem and Socceroos
- 1:28 The Month Ahead - The Bathurst 6 hour, and the Hell of the North