July 27, 2021
The biggest GT3 24 Hour Race in the world is here once again! Michael and Kris join the returning KiwiChris Riddell to preview the incredible Spa Francorchamps circuit, the particularities of SRO Regulations, and all 58 cars on the Entry List!
Thanks to Kiwi for hosting and editing this episode, and of course, thanks to TheRacingLine.App!
June 25, 2021
In this episode, Michael is joined by Ollie once again to delve into the numbers of the WEC race at Portimao. We discuss the Balance of Performance in LMH, Toyota and Glickenhaus' interesting events, the big battle in LMP2, and all the goings on in GTE before looking to the future at what is to come in LMH and LMDh, with news coming in almost as fast as we can digest it!
- 0:03 WEC Portimao - 8 Hours of tension!
- 0:11 The Algarve Circuit - A rollercoaster of tarmac
- 0:17 LMH - BoP and Grandfathering
- 0:34 LMH - Toyota and team orders
- 0:41 Glickenhaus - a trying debut, but encouraging signs?
- 0:46 LMP2 - JOTA dominate despite turn 3 tangle
- 1:07 GTE-Pro - Ferrari's to win after Porsche's tyre troubles
- 1:12 GTE-Am - Cetilar take advantage as favourites stumble
- 1:26 LMH and LMDh updates - BMW, Peugeot, VAG, and all the other big players discussed as we catch up on what is known, what is 'known', and what we'd like to see!
As always, thanks to TheRacingLine.App for sponsoring this podcast. Now available on Android!
June 3, 2021
With a compacted schedule making things difficult for teams and amateur podcasters alike, the American duo of Austin and Kris found some time to talk you through the 125 cars that will make up this weekend's 2021 ADAC 24 hours of the Nurburgring! Join us for a run down on the heavy hitters, a brief explanation of how the classes work, and 100% guaranteed mispronunciation of pretty much every driver in the grid (dammit cookie!)
- 0:05 Car #1 - #15 - Big heavy hitters, right up front
- 0:37 Car #16 - #34 - Some more of the big guns. SP9 a plenty
- 1:07 Car #36 - #91 - GT4 and SP machinery
- 1:33 Car #98 - #238 - Cup cars, production cars, and Nurburgring staples!
- 2:01 Car #240 - #911 - Finish off with a bang!
As always thanks to TheRacingLine.app for their sponsorship!
May 16, 2021
Ollie joins Michael to break down the ins and outs of the first round of the WEC for 2021, including the debut of the LMH category. Much was said in the lead up, politicking was in full force, but at the end of the day, it was great to have the WEC back! We dive into the expectations and delivery of the LMH machines, the pace in LMP2, and breaking driver ratings in GTE-Am, while also briefly looking ahead to (todays!) ELMS race at the Red Bull Ring, and Penske's return with Porsche
- 0:01 PORSCHE AND PENSKE BABY - Well someone's hyped
- 0:05 FIAWEC Spa - The broadcast and media product for 2021
- 0:14 LMH - How did the new class fare?
- 0:35 LMP2 - New faces, same teams!
- 0:54 GTE - Estre in a class of his own
- 1:04 GTE-Am - Ben Keating, Porsche troubles, and Super Silvers
- 1:24 ELMS Red Bull Ring - Entry list updates, LMP2 updates, awesome race track updates!
Thank you to TheRacingLine.App for their support! https://www.theracingline.app/
April 27, 2021
We're finally here; almost 5 months in to the year and we are ready for the 2021 WEC Season Launch! Join Austin and Michael as they cover off the entry list finalisations, discuss the big issues in the lead in to the first round of the WEC, and catch up on action as it's happening at the prologue test during day 1. We also discuss the opening round of the ELMS, touching on the big movers and shakers (and spinners!) during a steady opening race of the season!
- 0:02 ELMS review - LMP2 - The hierarchy has been shaken!
- 0:25 LMP3 - A few standout performances, but not from the usual suspects
- 0:31 GTE - WEC Factory Pros are a cheat code
- 0:43 General discussion, LMP2-Am, and other talking points
- 0:53 WEC Spa! First; the Glickenhaus in the room
- 1:13 Entry list updates
- 1:32 Prologue Day 1 chat
April 13, 2021
Getting hyped for the best Sportscar series in the world! Michael and Ollie certainly are! Join us as we discuss the brand new changes to LMP2, the new teams stepping up to the ELMS, and our thoughts on the drivers, teams and talent in this year's ELMS championship!
- 0:01 The 2021 calendar - a very pretty looking 6 round series
- 0:08 'Stratification' and P2 Politics
- 0:28 LMP2-PAm - A great addition or superfluous to requirements?
- 0:35 LMP2 - The a clash of the titans with an incredible supporting cast
- 0:59 LMP3 - All your favourite regulars plus one or two fresh faces
- 1:12 GT - An F-load of Ferraris up against Proton Porsche and TF Sport Aston Martin
- 1:40 Do yourselves a favour - watch it!
March 15, 2021
Oliver joins Michael to discuss the hot-off-the-press Le Mans entry list for 2021. We detail the WEC full season entries, all of the Automatic Invitations won, and then the invited machines who will hopefully all take part of this year's Le Mans 24 Hours. Join us for technical discussions, arguments over entry structure, lamenting GTE-Pro and weird Ferraris!
- 0:05 How does the balance feel? 30/31 Proto/GT, 12/48 Pro/Am
- 0:07 LMH - New cars, new regulations, same old story?
- 0:33 LMP2 - The evil empire hands some entries off to the French
- 1:10 GTE-Pro - The smallest GTE-Pro category since it's inception
- 1:16 GTE-Am - Ferraris that should be Porsches, Porsches that should be Ferraris, and a strong AsLMS contingent!
- 1:57 Garage 56 - Frederic Sausset brings along an innovative machine
Thanks always to TheRacingLine.app for supporting Endurance Chat!
March 11, 2021
In this episode, Michael and Austin get together to chat about the incredible feat that was the Asian Le Mans Series for 2021; A double-double header, cramming 4 four-hour races into 8 days. In a remarkable season, there were stories and discussion points aplenty, including 6 Le Mans invites, a true redemption arc, and a thrilling finale!
March 1, 2021
In this episode, Austin and Ollie catch up to discuss the recent swing of news in the world of sportscars, including the social media outreach of the SCG LMH project, the return of Ferrari to top-class endurance racing after 50 years, the newly announced Le Mans Cup Bronze+ regulations plus a brief chat about the WEC opener coming up at Portimao!
Thanks of course to TheRacingLine.App - the personalised motorsport calendar!
February 8, 2021
On this episode, Michael is joined by Chris to chat everything about the upcoming Asian Le Mans Series, double-double header! We discuss the season format, the entry lists, the strength of the series, and of course, make our picks for the coveted Le Mans Auto Invites!
- 0:01 The Asian Le Mans Series for 2021
- 0:04 A double-double header: 4 races in 2 weekends
- 0:14 AsLMS response to Covid-19
- 0:18 LMP2 - A development ground for new teams and talent
- 0:37 LMP3 - A few ELMS regulars in a Ligier dominated field
- 0:53 GT3 - 19 cars, variety aplenty!
- 1:32 What does the future hold for the AsLMS?