April 29, 2020
On this week's episode of Endurance Chat, join Michael, Ollie and Lada_Safety_Car for a look back at the last 5-10 years of Le Mans. We talk about our first experiences watching the race, the our favourite editions and moments, and look back at Le Mans history to the events we wish we could have experienced live!
- 0:02 Which LM24 was your first?
- 0:16 What is the favourite edition that you witnessed?
- 0:31 Top 3 races in the last decade?
- 0:34 Which LM24 event is your favourite?
- 0:45 What other eras would you have liked to seen?
- 0:59 Your favourite or most significant LM24 moment?
April 14, 2020
On a bumper panel of Endurance Chat, Michael catches up with Oliver, Chris, Kris, Buxoq and Andrija to expand on Bonnie_Lass47's question from our Q&A last week; What got you into motorsports?
In this episode, we discuss our motorsport introduction, our early favourite drivers and series, how we all transitioned into watching Sportscars, and why we keep watching sportscars today!
- 0:02 What got you into motorsport?
- 0:20 What was your first live event?
- 0:34 Who were your favourite past drivers?
- 0:47 What started your interest in Sportscars?
- 1:05 When did you discover /r/WEC?
- 1:15 What keeps us watching?
April 7, 2020
To celebrate 100 (and 2) episodes, we gathered as much of the gang together as we could get, and asked you to ask us questions! Join Michael, Austin, Chris and Oliver as we discuss, rant, and banter through the questions that you submitted!
Note: Features some foul language, foul jokes, and foul questions (looking at you MWC)
- 0:02 What got you into Motorsport?
- 0:10 What do you do in life?
- 0:16 How would you create chaos with a monster truck?
- 0:21 What is your least favourite livery?
- 0:26 What car would you be?
- 0:31 What will the sportscar world look like after another 100 episodes?
- 0:41 How do we feel about Convergence?
- 0:59 Why was Grand-Am good?
- 1:04 What's your motorsport guilty pleasure?
- 1:09 If we could relocate tracks, what goes where?
- 1:18 If you were sentenced to death by over consumption...
- 1:24 BoP rant
- 1:37 Snog, Marry, Kill (we're sorry - blame Kiwi)
- 1:41 Why do we enjoy Endurance Chat?
March 25, 2020
Catch up on the 2019/2020 Asian Le Mans Series with Michael, Austin and Kris as we summarise the major talking points from each of the four AsLMS races, discuss the position of the AsLMS in the world sportscar scene, and share our surprises, disappointments, and moments of the season!
- 0:03 The Asian Le Mans Series
- 0:06 4 Hours of Shanghai - A battle down to the wire decided after the flag
- 0:17 4 Hours of The Bend - ACO goes down under!
- 0:42 4 Hours of Sepang - Lightning on track, quite literally
- 1:02 4 Hours of Buriram - Championships decided at the very end!
- 1:12 Asian Le Mans Invites. Who's heading to Le Mans?
- 1:18 Surprises, Impressions, Disappointments
- 1:30 what's next for the AsLMS? How does it compare?
March 10, 2020
In what is the 100th episode of Endurance Chat (wooo!), Michael is joined by Austin and Oliver to go through the invite structure for the 2020 24 Hours of Le Mans. We discuss why certain entries may have been invited over others, some notable absences, and debate the quality of teams that have been given the privilege of being invited to this year's Le Mans!
In this episode;
- 0:01 100!
- 0:05 LMP1 Entries - Additional car from Rebellion but otherwise as expected
- 0:19 GTE-Pro - A quintet of cars make the trip across the pond, but could there have been more?
- 0:40 The importance of Amateur racing at Le Mans; History, competition, finance
- 0:48 LMP2 - the largest class for 2020, who are we excited for, who's missed out, who's gotten lucky?
- 1:20 GTE-Am - 9 additional cars bolster an already 11 strong full-season WEC field
- 1:39 The Reserve list - 10 cars hoping for their chance at the big one
- 1:43 Garage 56 - The return of the Innovative car
- 1:51 Final thoughts; Is the balance right?
February 18, 2020
In this episode, Michael catches up with Austin to share stories from attending the Daytona 24 and Bathurst 12 Hours in adjacent weekends. We cover all the classes from Daytona, Austin shares his thoughts on the atmosphere in the speedway, Michael talks being media for a weekend plus the carnage pre-12 hour, and we briefly talk about the upcoming WEC round at COTA!
- 0:01 Austin's Daytona Experience
- 0:09 DPi - Caddy goes 4 in a row
- 0:20 LMP2 - What is the answer for this in-between class?
- 0:29 GTLM - New cars, old teams, tight racing
- 0:41 GTD - Lambo's come to the fore
- 0:52 Daytona 24, comments and retrospectives
- 0:55 Michael's Media madness
- 0:58 Pre-race Carnage - 5 cars scratched before the race even started
- 1:08 The British Invasion - Macca and Bentley the teams to beat on the day
- 1:12 'The Mountain Chooses' - Wild weather warnings
- 1:18 Aussies vs the World's Best
- 1:22 Marshaling at the 12 hour
- 1:26 Drives and Disappointments
- 1:32 Free-form Bathurst discussions
- 1:40 WEC COTA - The Relocated Revival of the Lone Star Le Mans
February 5, 2020
Over the Bathurst 12 Hour weekend, our host was lucky enough to catch up with Jonny Palmer, one of the commentators for the Bathurst 12 Hour and part of the Radio Show Ltd crew. We chatted about his journey into commentary, the 'Round The World Ticket', his preference of travelling by train, and a whole load of other topics ahead of track-action over the weekend.
Once again, thank you to Jonny for his involvement!
January 27, 2020
KiwiChris returns to chat Bathurst with host Michael, as we launch the 2020 IGTC season with Australia's premier GT3 race, the Bathurst 12 Hour. With a bumper GT3-Pro field and 39 cars, there's plenty to delve into including a dive into the mixing pot of Australian and International talent, a discussion on the relevance of lower class cars, and all of the on and off track action to look forward to over the weekend!
- 0:01 The Bathurst 12 Hour
- 0:07 Mount Panorama, the hallowed tarmac.
- 0:19 GT3-Pro; 20 cars, 11 manufacturers, an all out GT3 brawl
- 1:17 Pro-Am; Some of Australia's best amateurs against worldwide challengers
- 1:35 Silver Cup; A 7 car field chasing class honours
- 1:47 The lower classes and supports; a discussion on the relevance of lower classes in the main race
- 2:03 Final comments, plus a note on Australia's recent bushfire disaster
January 20, 2020
Welcome back for Season 5! Hard to believe we're now in our 5th year of doing this!
As usual, we start the year with the Daytona 24 Hour! Michael (Floody) and Kris (Wacher97) chat the event's significance in sportscars, a few specific rules, before giving you the usual run down of every car, team and entry in the 4 classes for this year's 24 Hours of Daytona!
- 0:03 Daytona 24 - A mixing pot of American and International talent
- 0:12 FCY, Safety Cars, and pit cycles
- 0:16 DPi - An 8 car factory hit out
- 0:39 LMP2 - European flavour for P2 class honours
- 0:58 GTE-Pro - The best of the best in GT
- 1:14 GTD - 18 cars for an absolutely cracker GT3 field
- 1:57 39 entries, down from 47 last year. Is that a problem?
- 2:02 The rest - Roar notes, MPC's 4 hour support, and our meet up!
December 23, 2019
In our final episode of 2019, Michael (Floody) and Austin (Cookie) discuss the ins and outs of the WEC Bahrain 8 hours, talk 'pace creep' in sportscars, delve into the WEC 2020/2021 calendar, and discuss the possibility of a single top-level sportscar platform. We also take a quick look back on 2019 and share some of our memories and achievements!
- 0:05 LMP1 - an 8 hour race over at turn 1
- 0:25 LMP2 - a dominant performance in a class that flew under the radar
- 0:42 GTE-Pro - strategy, reliability, and all-out-battling. The best of the best
- 0:54 GTE-Am - a championship shake up after one of the best Am drives ever
- 1:11 "Pace Creep" - how long until everything is too fast?
- 1:21 The WEC 20/21 calendar - classic tracks, worldwide events, less clashes!
- 1:38 LMHy/DPi convergence - "As close as it's ever been"
- 1:51 2019 review - our favourite series, races, moments and achievements this year!