December 9, 2019
Ahead of the last major race for 2019, Michael (Floody), Ollie (Trewavasaurus) and Andrija (SolHiemis) talk Shanghai, success handicaps, tyre wars, set up windows, Am drive times, and everything else around the 4 Hours of Shanghai event. We also delve into the recent sportscar news, including a calendar change, a new challenger, and some confusing press releases. Try to keep up!
In this episode;
- 0:02 WEC Shanghai - the last of the 4 Hour events
- 0:07 LMP1 Qualifying - the first Privateer Pole
- 0:11 The race start, the first stint, and those penalties
- 0:19 Rebellion's Recovery
- 0:24 The success ballast at work: What actually went on under the surface?
- 0:34 The LMP1 championship, future adjustments, and the price of success
- 0:45 LMP2 - A dramatic tyre war, or was it?
- 1:04 GTE-Pro - The best BoP has ever been?
- 1:16 GTE-Am - a great race lost in the fog of other classes
- 1:25 WEC News - Interlagos cancelled, COTA returns
- 1:31 WEC News - The Lions return to Le Mans
- 1:36 WEC News - Hypercars must be entered by an automotive brand?
- 1:40 WEC News - LMP2 to be slowed for next season, but we knew that already?
- 1:42 Next round, the 8 Hours of Bahrain
November 21, 2019
In this episode, Michael (Floody), Austin (Cookie) and Kris (Kriswascher) preview the 2019/2020 Asian Le Mans Series, chatting about the class structure, calendar, and every entry across the four classes and four rounds! Listen to us butcher pronunciation, get lost searching for drivers, and the classic Endurance Chat banter as we give AsLMS the full Endurance Chat treatment for the first time!
- 0:01 Welcome to the 2019/2020 Asian Le Mans Series
- 0:11 The Calendar - 4 rounds, including 3 non-WEC circuits
- 0:22 The LMP2 class - A mix of Asian talent and European flair
- 0:41 The LMP2-Am class - Old spec LMP2's fight for a chance at Le Mans
- 0:52 The LMP3 class - ACO's middle tier with top tier talent
- 1:00 The GT3 class - WEC champions, F1 competitors, and a great mix of drivers
- 1:23 Final thoughts on the series
November 5, 2019
In this episode, Michael Zalavari (Floodman11) wraps up the talking points from the WEC 6 Hours of Fuji, discusses the upcoming WEC event at Shanghai, and reviews the ELMS finale at Portimao!
- 0:01 WEC Fuji - The P1 Battle
- 0:13 LMP2 - JUMBO, Am strats, and Orecas
- 0:25 GTE-Pro - Winning when you have pace (and when you don't!)
- 0:32 GTE-Am - Untouchable Am's and Aston Martins
- 0:46 WEC Shanghai - Entry additions, P1 handicaps, and predictions
- 0:59 ELMS finale - 4 Hours of Portimao
- 1:04 Race start, red flags, and the GTE-Championship
- 1:07 LMP2 - A tense fight to the line for LMP2 honours
- 1:16 LMP3 - Two sides of the championship fight
- 1:21 ELMS 2019 - the best championship of the year?
Note: The second half of this podcast suffered some recording issues, resulting in clipping/cutting. Hopefully it's not too off putting!
October 3, 2019
In this episode, Michael Zalavari (Floodman11) and Austin Zetzman (CookieMonsterFL) chat about the big happenings from the WEC season 8 opener at Silverstone, plus catch up on the 3 rounds of ELMS that we've managed to miss! Not to worry though, we'll make sure you're all caught up as the ELMS heads towards it's final round, plus we preview this weekend's WEC round at Fuji!
- 0:01 WEC Silverstone - Season 8 off to a wet and wild start!
- 0:06 How the weather affected the race
- 0:11 LMP1 - Toyota relatively untroubled as the Privateers find issues
- 0:17 /r/WEC sidebar - We're on an LMP1 car!
- 0:22 Floody's soapbox - the hot-track Ginetta recovery
- 0:27 LMP2 - Coolcoolcoolcoolcool, especially if you're on Michelins
- 0:38 GTE-Pro - Less cars does not mean less action!
- 0:44 GTE-Am - Frantic from the get go
- 0:52 Previewing Fuji, and the new LMP1 performance adjustment system
- 1:03 ELMS catch up; Barcelona - sensational in the Spanish sunset
- 1:13 ELMS catch up; Silverstone - Weather, incident, and strategy at the end
- 1:42 ELMS catch up; Spa Francorchamps - Late drama punctuates a messy race
September 10, 2019
In this episode, Michael Zalavari (Floodman11) and Austin Zetzman (CookieMonsterFL) catch you up on the last few months of IMSA action, including 6 rounds(!) of P, GTLM and GTD stories!
- 0:03 Belle Isle Detroit
- 0:08 Mazda on a roll with 3 wins!
- 0:21 The Juncos CTMP incident
- 0:30 Porsche vs Chevy at Watkins
- 0:39 Lime Rock. Wow
- 0:48 GTD stand outs and Keating's Kerfuffles
- 0:53 Road America
- 0:58 What's next for IMSA?
- 1:07 Looking beyond: GTLM
- 1:13 Looking back:DPi
August 22, 2019
In this episode, Michael Zalavari (Floodman11) and Oliver Trewavas (Trewavasaurus) delve into the role of Aerodynamics in sportscars, and explain in-depth how each body part of an ACO Prototype is designed to perform at the limits of aero efficiency! This is a bit of an experiment for us so please leave a comment offering some feedback!
- 0:01 Our experience and expertise
- 0:05 What is aerodynamics?
- 0:13 What do we need to consider?
- 0:19 Aero-generating components
- 0:20 The frontal area, and the Splitter
- 0:37 Big Honking Holes, pressure venting, and redirecting
- 0:52 Directing air to cool the car
- 1:04 The role of the Shark Fin
- 1:12 The Rear Wing
- 1:23 The Underfloor, Rear Diffuser, and Ground Effect
- 1:32 Aero wash and Turbulence
- 1:36 Comparing and contrasting different aero for different tracks
- 1:46 Final thoughts and comments!
August 20, 2019
In this episode, Floodman11 is joined by CookieMonsterFL and SolHiemis to chat WEC Season 8, the new and returning entries, the balance of driver talent PLUS a look into the 2020/2021 regulations and discussions on the philosophy of sportscar racing!
- 0:01 Season 8 Calendar changes
- 0:08 Entry list - P1
- 0:18 Breaking down the changes to EoT
- 0:24 P2 - incredible talent in both Pro and Am
- 0:44 GTE-Pro - a lean line up?
- 0:54 GTE-Am - 11(!) cars in an all out melee
- 1:16 Pro vs Am - is the balance right?
- 1:20 2020/2021 regs - initial thoughts
- 1:25 what is the goal of the P1 class?
- 1:44 Balance of Performance in a top class
- 1:50 Confirmed entries, interested parties, and looking towards 2021
- 1:56 Final thoughts and comments!
July 22, 2019
In this episode, GT3 maestros Kriswascher97 and Kiwichris1709 preview the 2019 24 Hours of Spa! They take a brief look at the event history, the particular regulations around the event, an in depth look at every Pro class car, comments on the Pro-Am, Am and Silver Cup drivers, plus let you know when and how to watch!
Huge thanks to the lads for putting this together!
July 4, 2019
Still coming down off back to back 24 Hour weekends? Have we got the show for you! Floodman11 and CookieMonsterFL cover off all the talking points from the 2019 Le Mans 24 Hours, including all the fanfare, action, and controversy for the 87th Grand Prix of Endurance.
In this episode;
- 0:03 The feel, atmosphere and excitement coming in to the event
- 0:05 The first victim - analysing the 64/88 tangle and the human element in multiclass racing
- 0:16 Nightfall - Aston Martin's troubles, and the GTE-Pro BoP
- 0:34 Late night - Accidents, repairs, and the Spirit of Le Mans
- 0:40 Happy hour, driver fatigue, and component fatigue
- 0:48 Rebellions woes, the P1 privateer battle, and the EoT
- 0:59 GTE-Pro, Slow Zones and Safety Cars
- 1:09 GTE-Am, Strategies, penalties, and driver ratings
- 1:16 Toyota's tyre troubles, and minimising risk
- 1:26 Monday scrutineering. Keating's disqualification, and other controversy
- 1:48 Class by class at the finish line: P1, and the future
- 1:49 Class by class at the finish line: P2
- 1:56 Class by class at the finish line: GTE-Pro
- 2:02 Class by class at the finish line: GTE-Am
- 2:07 Final questions and discussions
June 21, 2019
Guten Morgen! If you are just waking up and getting ready to watch at the track or via stream, join us for a run-down of everything you need to know about the more obscure cars racing this weekend!
Join CookieMonsterFL and kriswascher97 as they preview the upcoming 24 hours of Nurburgring - finishing the rest of the 160 car grid with the rest of the featured categories in this year's race! These may not step on the overall podium after twice round the clock, but they have their own stories to tell!
Finally, find out the best ways to watch and listen to the N24 using some tips from long time obscure sportscar fan kriswascher97 as well as some last-minute news and updates!
0:01 Start of non-SP9 entry list
1:01 News and Updates - [no fast 30 spoilers]