August 22, 2019
In this episode, Michael Zalavari (Floodman11) and Oliver Trewavas (Trewavasaurus) delve into the role of Aerodynamics in sportscars, and explain in-depth how each body part of an ACO Prototype is designed to perform at the limits of aero efficiency! This is a bit of an experiment for us so please leave a comment offering some feedback!
- 0:01 Our experience and expertise
- 0:05 What is aerodynamics?
- 0:13 What do we need to consider?
- 0:19 Aero-generating components
- 0:20 The frontal area, and the Splitter
- 0:37 Big Honking Holes, pressure venting, and redirecting
- 0:52 Directing air to cool the car
- 1:04 The role of the Shark Fin
- 1:12 The Rear Wing
- 1:23 The Underfloor, Rear Diffuser, and Ground Effect
- 1:32 Aero wash and Turbulence
- 1:36 Comparing and contrasting different aero for different tracks
- 1:46 Final thoughts and comments!
August 20, 2019
In this episode, Floodman11 is joined by CookieMonsterFL and SolHiemis to chat WEC Season 8, the new and returning entries, the balance of driver talent PLUS a look into the 2020/2021 regulations and discussions on the philosophy of sportscar racing!
- 0:01 Season 8 Calendar changes
- 0:08 Entry list - P1
- 0:18 Breaking down the changes to EoT
- 0:24 P2 - incredible talent in both Pro and Am
- 0:44 GTE-Pro - a lean line up?
- 0:54 GTE-Am - 11(!) cars in an all out melee
- 1:16 Pro vs Am - is the balance right?
- 1:20 2020/2021 regs - initial thoughts
- 1:25 what is the goal of the P1 class?
- 1:44 Balance of Performance in a top class
- 1:50 Confirmed entries, interested parties, and looking towards 2021
- 1:56 Final thoughts and comments!
July 22, 2019
In this episode, GT3 maestros Kriswascher97 and Kiwichris1709 preview the 2019 24 Hours of Spa! They take a brief look at the event history, the particular regulations around the event, an in depth look at every Pro class car, comments on the Pro-Am, Am and Silver Cup drivers, plus let you know when and how to watch!
Huge thanks to the lads for putting this together!
July 4, 2019
Still coming down off back to back 24 Hour weekends? Have we got the show for you! Floodman11 and CookieMonsterFL cover off all the talking points from the 2019 Le Mans 24 Hours, including all the fanfare, action, and controversy for the 87th Grand Prix of Endurance.
In this episode;
- 0:03 The feel, atmosphere and excitement coming in to the event
- 0:05 The first victim - analysing the 64/88 tangle and the human element in multiclass racing
- 0:16 Nightfall - Aston Martin's troubles, and the GTE-Pro BoP
- 0:34 Late night - Accidents, repairs, and the Spirit of Le Mans
- 0:40 Happy hour, driver fatigue, and component fatigue
- 0:48 Rebellions woes, the P1 privateer battle, and the EoT
- 0:59 GTE-Pro, Slow Zones and Safety Cars
- 1:09 GTE-Am, Strategies, penalties, and driver ratings
- 1:16 Toyota's tyre troubles, and minimising risk
- 1:26 Monday scrutineering. Keating's disqualification, and other controversy
- 1:48 Class by class at the finish line: P1, and the future
- 1:49 Class by class at the finish line: P2
- 1:56 Class by class at the finish line: GTE-Pro
- 2:02 Class by class at the finish line: GTE-Am
- 2:07 Final questions and discussions
June 21, 2019
Guten Morgen! If you are just waking up and getting ready to watch at the track or via stream, join us for a run-down of everything you need to know about the more obscure cars racing this weekend!
Join CookieMonsterFL and kriswascher97 as they preview the upcoming 24 hours of Nurburgring - finishing the rest of the 160 car grid with the rest of the featured categories in this year's race! These may not step on the overall podium after twice round the clock, but they have their own stories to tell!
Finally, find out the best ways to watch and listen to the N24 using some tips from long time obscure sportscar fan kriswascher97 as well as some last-minute news and updates!
0:01 Start of non-SP9 entry list
1:01 News and Updates - [no fast 30 spoilers]
June 19, 2019
Join CookieMonsterFL and kriswascher97 as they preview the upcoming 24 hours of Nurburgring - and in this episode we discuss the full class list of the most prominent and in some regards most important class: the GT3-rich category of SP9 (and Glick's SPX)!
Count along with us as we discussed 'stacked' lineups and butcher local and international names! What makes this race so special? Did that driver race 5 years ago in a local rally in Bulgaria? What are those flashing blue lights on random cars during the race? ..and don't forget BoP tables, oh joy!
Oh, and be sure to stay tuned to the second of our two-part Nurburgring 24 preview that reviews, well, the rest of the field! Opel Matras to VW GTIs to huge Chrysler Vipers; not to mention the random drivers piloting them! And just who are those quoted names..
But first; a breakdown of the GT3 class of the N24: SP9. Enjoy!
June 11, 2019
To tie in with our LMP class guide, Floodman11 is joined by kiwichris1709 and Kriswascher97 to go through the GTE classes for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans!
Editors note: recording of this episode was plagued with technical difficulties and drop outs. Hopefully the cuts aren't too noticeable!
0:01 The GTE Class: Sportscars life and blood
0:03 GTE-Pro; every car, team and driver analysed
0:43 Our GTE-Pro predictions!
0:48 GTE BoP; that awful three letter acronym
0:53 GTE-Am: Specific requirements for participating in the class
0:57 GTE-Am analysis: where have all these teams appeared from!?
1:57 GTE-Am predictions!
June 10, 2019
In this episode, join Floodman11, Ollie Trewavas (trewavasaurus) and a brief cameo from CookieMonsterFL as we analyse the prototype classes from this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans!
0:01 The context and development of the LMP1 Class
0:05 The reigning champions: Toyota LMP1
0:11 The top privateer challenges: Rebellion vs SMP
0:26 Dragonspeed and Bykolles
0:30 Perspectives and insights into Equivalence of Technology
0:39 The LMP2 class: Top level amateur racing!
0:49 LMP2 entries: Every car, driver and team analysed!
1:57 LMP2 Predictions!
June 1, 2019
As we tick into the month of June, it's time for the big one - the preview for the 2019 24 Hours of Le Mans! Floodman11 is joined by CookieMonsterFL and Kiwichris1709 to talk through the history, track, classes, legends and all the other information you need to follow this year's race!
In this episode;
0:01 It All Comes Back to Le Mans
0:13 What makes Le Mans different?
0:16 The Circuit de la Sarthe - a comprehensive guide to the track
0:32 The four classes in competition this year
0:45 The importance of Amateurs in sportscar racing, and the hazards
0:52 The legendary drivers, cars and eras of Le Mans
1:05 The event structure - a two week festival of endurance
1:14 The 24 Hours. Landmarks to hit
1:21 How and where to watch!
May 23, 2019
To celebrate /r/WEC and Endurance Chat sponsoring a motor race, Floodman11 and a phone mic'd kriswascher97 preview this weekend's Creventic 12 Hours of Brno!
It's because of our listeners and the /r/WEC community that stickers bearing our branding have been placed on the rear of all cars in this weekend's race, and we are immensely grateful and proud of the community that has been built around watching sportscars.
Flood and Kris cover how this all happened, the Creventic organisation and culture, how refuelling, code 60, and the race itself works, plus give a brief rundown of the cars and drivers featuring in this race!
Special thanks to Luc Breukers and the Red-Camel Racing team for their assistance in this endeavour!