January 22, 2022
In part 2 of our Rolex 24 at Daytona preview, Kris, Austin and Michael chat GTD - the new GTD Pro class, the driver time rules, and all 35 GT machines broken down and analysed with predictions aplenty! We also pick out the big names from the MPC 4 Hour race as a curtain raiser to the big event!
- 0:01 GTD Pro - A brand new class for IMSA
- 0:05 GTD Pro Teams and Drivers - Porsche
- 0:11 Corvette
- 0:14 Lexus
- 0:17 Aston Martin
- 0:20 BMW
- 0:24 Ferrari
- 0:27 Mercedes
- 0:32 Lamborghini
- 0:35 GTD-Pro predictions
- 0:38 GTD - 22 cars! Lexus
- 0:43 Porsche
- 0:53 Lamborghini
- 1:02 Ferrari
- 1:06 Aston Martin
- 1:11 Mercedes
- 1:22 McLaren
- 1:26 Acura
- 1:29 BMW
- 1:35 predictions
- 1:40 Pilot Challenge - 4 Hours on Friday!
January 21, 2022
Today, Kris and Austin join Michael as we preview the 2022 Rolex 24 at Daytona! We chat about the big changes in the IMSA off season (including GTD Pro's introduction!), get excited for the first race of the year, and break down each of the prototype teams and drivers in Part 1 of our preview!
- 0:02 The off-season - GTD Pro's introduction, DPi down to two
- 0:14 Daytona, the Speedway, and the 24
- 0:25 DPi - Last man standing in a 7 car hit out
- 0:44 LMP2 - USA vs Europe with plenty of interest across the Atlantic!
- 1:21 LMP3 - 9 LMP3's to add chaos?
As always, thanks to TheRacingLine.App for their support!
January 13, 2022
Welcome to Season 7 of Endurance Chat! Today, Austin catches up with Michael to discuss the FIAWEC Season 10 entry list, fresh off the press! We dive into who's there, who's not, and who's changed since last November's finale at Bahrain, and offer our thoughts on the record number of cars and the 2022 calendar!
- 0:00 Season 7!
- 0:04 A record entry list for the FIAWEC
- 0:06 LMH - Peugeot make the cut, ByKolles don't
- 0:23 LMP2 - Big name returns and new faces!
- 0:50 GTE-Pro - Another car in the mix!
- 0:56 GTE-Am - Remarkable continuity from last year's 13 car entry
- 1:03 A record entry comes with implications...
- 1:10 The 2022 Calendar - 6 Rounds from America through Europe to Asia!
Thanks to TheRacingLine.App for their continued support!
January 4, 2022
Welcome to a new venture for Endurance Chat! Join Kiwi and Floody (Chris and Michael) for a new project; From The Grandstands! A monthly podcast where we discuss all the sport we consume, from Supercars and Cricket through to Lawn Bowls and Biathlon. No sport is safe from our eyes!
This month, we reflect on the Bathurst 1000 from last month, catch up on the Supercars Silly Season, and wax lyrical about the longest rivalry in Cricket; The Ashes.
- 0:00 Welcome to the Grandstand!
- 0:04 SupercarsChat - Wrapping up Bathurst
- 0:33 Supercars Silly Season
- 0:49 Hit for 6 - The Ashes
- 1:20 There's also other Cricket!
- 1:27 What we're watching this month - Cricket, Tennis, Dakar, Biathlon!
December 21, 2021
Today, Michael sits down with Editor of Dailysportscar.com, Graham Goodwin, to discuss and contextualise the LMP2 class amongst the modern sportscar landscape. We dive into the history, from the beginnings in LMP675, into the manufacturer dominated era of the late 2000's, before the change to Production engines, and finally, the current LMP2-17 era.
Big thanks to Graham Goodwin for joining us! And thanks as well to TheRacingLine.App for their support in 2021
November 28, 2021
The Race that stops the Nation is back once again - the Supercars Australia Bathurst 1000, the crown jewel of the Australian motorsports calendar. Join Michael and Chris as we recap what has been a truncated year of the Australian Supercars Championship, give you the low down on the teams, drivers and co-drivers, make our predictions, and there's a little Endurance Chat announcement in there too!
- 0:02 Supercars Season Review - The Van Gisbergen Show
- 0:14 Cars, Teams and Drivers; Team Sydney, Matt Stone Racing, Kelly Grove Racing, Blanchard Racing, Erebus Motorsport
- 0:58 Cars, Teams and Drivers; Brad Jones Racing, Tickford Racing, Walkinshaw Andretti United, Dick Johnson Racing, Triple 8 Race Engineering
- 1:46 Predictions - Can anyone beat the #97
- 1:48 Support Categories - The greatest hits of Australian Motorsports!
- 1:52 An Endurance Chat Announcement - A new show for Flood and Kiwi!
November 15, 2021
Boy it's good to be back! Ollie and Michael catch up to review both legs of the Bahrain double-header finale for the WEC! We discuss the reasons for the shift, differing race formats, and break down all the big talking points from the two weeks of action PLUS we review and discuss the 2021 season!
- 0:05 The Bahrain 6 Hours - A race that happened
- 0:25 Championship Scenarios heading into the 8 Hours
- 0:30 Bahrain 8 hours - The Desert Finale
- 0:33 GTE-Pro - A season-long simmer boils over in 10 minutes
- 0:55 LMH - Alpine's long journey through the field
- 1:00 LMP2 - The usual suspects and teammate contact
- 1:13 GTE-Am - A championship tussle over on lap 1
- 1:22 Season 2021 discussion points!
Thanks once again to TheRacingLine.App - Your Motorsport Calendar
September 28, 2021
Today on Endurance Chat, Michael catches up with Fantasy Endurance runner and /r/WEC Hall Of Fame member MWClarkson, to share in Clarkson's experience as a track marshal for the 2021 24 Hours of Le Mans. Clarkson shares the stories of his trip, discussing the difficulties in language, trackside amenities, the differences in experience compared to his normal circuit, and some clear highlights of the week that was the 89th running of the Le Mans 24 Hours.
Huge thanks to /u/mwclarkson for giving his time and sharing his experience with us!
September 18, 2021
Michael is joined by Austin and Ollie to debrief the 89th running of the 24 hours of Le Mans! With the dust properly settled, we've had some time to collect our thoughts, and discuss all the major talking points over an enthralling 24 hour event!
- 0:02 Le Mans - There's always something!
- 0:12 The Race Start and LMH - 5 cars like clockwork!
- 0:36 LMP2 - The battle of titans down to the wire!
- 0:49 The end of the race - A discussion on the LMP2 fight to the line, and the chequered flag on track
- 1:07 GTE-Pro - A fight in two
- 1:27 GTE-Am - AF Corse does the double
- 1:43 Final thoughts
Thanks to TheRacingLine.App for sponsoring us this year!
August 17, 2021
As always, when there's a Proto preview, there's a GTE Preview! Join Michael, Chris and Kris as we discuss the second half of the Le Mans grid; the 29 GTE Entries! With 8 Pro cars and 23 Am Machines, there's plenty to be excited about in this year's field! We discuss where these teams and drivers come from, analyse their chances, and give our (probably terrible) predictions and listen to Kiwi make another dumb bet!
- 4:00 Pro Cars
- 29:41 Pro Predictions
- 32:00 GT Am explained
- 34:30 The GT Am Cars
- 2:09 Predictions and sub activity