March 25, 2020
Catch up on the 2019/2020 Asian Le Mans Series with Michael, Austin and Kris as we summarise the major talking points from each of the four AsLMS races, discuss the position of the AsLMS in the world sportscar scene, and share our surprises, disappointments, and moments of the season!
- 0:03 The Asian Le Mans Series
- 0:06 4 Hours of Shanghai - A battle down to the wire decided after the flag
- 0:17 4 Hours of The Bend - ACO goes down under!
- 0:42 4 Hours of Sepang - Lightning on track, quite literally
- 1:02 4 Hours of Buriram - Championships decided at the very end!
- 1:12 Asian Le Mans Invites. Who's heading to Le Mans?
- 1:18 Surprises, Impressions, Disappointments
- 1:30 what's next for the AsLMS? How does it compare?
March 10, 2020
In what is the 100th episode of Endurance Chat (wooo!), Michael is joined by Austin and Oliver to go through the invite structure for the 2020 24 Hours of Le Mans. We discuss why certain entries may have been invited over others, some notable absences, and debate the quality of teams that have been given the privilege of being invited to this year's Le Mans!
In this episode;
- 0:01 100!
- 0:05 LMP1 Entries - Additional car from Rebellion but otherwise as expected
- 0:19 GTE-Pro - A quintet of cars make the trip across the pond, but could there have been more?
- 0:40 The importance of Amateur racing at Le Mans; History, competition, finance
- 0:48 LMP2 - the largest class for 2020, who are we excited for, who's missed out, who's gotten lucky?
- 1:20 GTE-Am - 9 additional cars bolster an already 11 strong full-season WEC field
- 1:39 The Reserve list - 10 cars hoping for their chance at the big one
- 1:43 Garage 56 - The return of the Innovative car
- 1:51 Final thoughts; Is the balance right?