July 14, 2020
In this episode, Michael and Austin discuss IMSA's return to racing and preview the commencement of the 2020 ELMS season at Le Castellet! Austin shares his experience attending the Daytona 240, before we give you the low down on who's racing where in the ELMS!
- 0:01 IMSA's back!
- 0:08 Weather and Strategy
- 0:12 GTLM - Vette and Porsche to the wire
- 0:14 GTD - Double Domination
- 0:22 DPi - also domination
- 0:30 Looking back, and looking forward to Sebring
- 0:38 ELMS back to racing at Le Castellet!
- 0:41 LMP2 - Changes in last year's protagonists
- 0:52 LMP3 - New cars, new Challengers
- 1:00 GTE - Aston returns in a very healthy class
- 1:05 SRO GT World Challenge Europe - 42 full season cars for next weekend!
- 1:10 Motorsports big weekend around the world!
July 2, 2020
In this episode of Endurance Chat, Michael catches up with Oliver to review the the Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans and look ahead to the return of top-level sportscars in the US!
- 0:01 Virtual Le Mans - Porting the WEC to the Virtual World
- 0:07 The tone and reach of the event
- 0:18 The problems
- 0:32 Marketing, outreach, engagement, and accessibility
- 0:41 Actually talking about the race!
- 0:48 Will VLM24 become a consistent fixture?
- 0:56 (also there was a GT class)
- 0:57 IMSA at Daytona preview
- 1:03 Lean entries for the return. What do we think?
- 1:13 General IMSA discussion
June 3, 2020
In this episode, Michael, Austin and Chris (with the help of Ollie and Lada) talk race tracks. What makes a good circuit? What circuits are overrated? Which are our favourites? Why does Sebring suck? All these questions and more will be debated, discussed and dissected by our panel.
- 0:01 Lets start at Le Mans, and the classic tracks of the 50's and 60's
0:14 Old airfields, flat service roads, and Sebring...
0:28 Modern circuit design, and the "Tilkedrome"
0:35 Complaining about lesser known tracks
0:42 Spa Francorchamps... Overrated?
0:52 Hidden gems, local racetracks, and Pie Floaters
1:23 Street Circuits - A race track that takes over a city
1:37 The Nordschleife
1:43 Favourite tracks, favourite corners, and final grievances
May 24, 2020
In another edition of Flood and Cookie's Intimate Hour, Michael and Austin discuss the return to racing, as organising bodies start to release updated calendars to restart series around the world. We chat WEC, Le Mans, ELMS, IMSA and other sportscar racing updates, before rounding off with a 20 minute discussion on whatever we felt like really!
- 0:03 WEC - Spa, Le Mans and Bahrain to return us to a calendar-year season
- 0:18 Le Mans - Extra darkness, less GTE-Pros. Where do we stand?
- 0:39 ELMS Calendar - Silverstone the casualty in a condensed schedule
- 0:43 IMSA - Tight turnarounds in a 20 week season
- 0:55 The Bathurst 12 Hour - A potential Supercars double header?
- 1:08 Flood and Cookie go off the rails
May 7, 2020
KiwiChris takes the reins in this episode, and subjects us to an Endurance Motorsport themed Games Show! Join team captains Michael and Austin as they make their way through 4 rounds of games to see who comes out on top!
- 0:02 Let the Games Begin!
- 0:04 Round 1 - Ta-broom!
- 0:22 Round 2 - The Price is WHAT?
- 0:38 Round 3 - What's that commentary?
- 1:07 Round 4 - Name ALL the things!
- 1:15 Round 5 - The Final Question
April 29, 2020
On this week's episode of Endurance Chat, join Michael, Ollie and Lada_Safety_Car for a look back at the last 5-10 years of Le Mans. We talk about our first experiences watching the race, the our favourite editions and moments, and look back at Le Mans history to the events we wish we could have experienced live!
- 0:02 Which LM24 was your first?
- 0:16 What is the favourite edition that you witnessed?
- 0:31 Top 3 races in the last decade?
- 0:34 Which LM24 event is your favourite?
- 0:45 What other eras would you have liked to seen?
- 0:59 Your favourite or most significant LM24 moment?
April 14, 2020
On a bumper panel of Endurance Chat, Michael catches up with Oliver, Chris, Kris, Buxoq and Andrija to expand on Bonnie_Lass47's question from our Q&A last week; What got you into motorsports?
In this episode, we discuss our motorsport introduction, our early favourite drivers and series, how we all transitioned into watching Sportscars, and why we keep watching sportscars today!
- 0:02 What got you into motorsport?
- 0:20 What was your first live event?
- 0:34 Who were your favourite past drivers?
- 0:47 What started your interest in Sportscars?
- 1:05 When did you discover /r/WEC?
- 1:15 What keeps us watching?
April 7, 2020
To celebrate 100 (and 2) episodes, we gathered as much of the gang together as we could get, and asked you to ask us questions! Join Michael, Austin, Chris and Oliver as we discuss, rant, and banter through the questions that you submitted!
Note: Features some foul language, foul jokes, and foul questions (looking at you MWC)
- 0:02 What got you into Motorsport?
- 0:10 What do you do in life?
- 0:16 How would you create chaos with a monster truck?
- 0:21 What is your least favourite livery?
- 0:26 What car would you be?
- 0:31 What will the sportscar world look like after another 100 episodes?
- 0:41 How do we feel about Convergence?
- 0:59 Why was Grand-Am good?
- 1:04 What's your motorsport guilty pleasure?
- 1:09 If we could relocate tracks, what goes where?
- 1:18 If you were sentenced to death by over consumption...
- 1:24 BoP rant
- 1:37 Snog, Marry, Kill (we're sorry - blame Kiwi)
- 1:41 Why do we enjoy Endurance Chat?
March 25, 2020
Catch up on the 2019/2020 Asian Le Mans Series with Michael, Austin and Kris as we summarise the major talking points from each of the four AsLMS races, discuss the position of the AsLMS in the world sportscar scene, and share our surprises, disappointments, and moments of the season!
- 0:03 The Asian Le Mans Series
- 0:06 4 Hours of Shanghai - A battle down to the wire decided after the flag
- 0:17 4 Hours of The Bend - ACO goes down under!
- 0:42 4 Hours of Sepang - Lightning on track, quite literally
- 1:02 4 Hours of Buriram - Championships decided at the very end!
- 1:12 Asian Le Mans Invites. Who's heading to Le Mans?
- 1:18 Surprises, Impressions, Disappointments
- 1:30 what's next for the AsLMS? How does it compare?
March 10, 2020
In what is the 100th episode of Endurance Chat (wooo!), Michael is joined by Austin and Oliver to go through the invite structure for the 2020 24 Hours of Le Mans. We discuss why certain entries may have been invited over others, some notable absences, and debate the quality of teams that have been given the privilege of being invited to this year's Le Mans!
In this episode;
- 0:01 100!
- 0:05 LMP1 Entries - Additional car from Rebellion but otherwise as expected
- 0:19 GTE-Pro - A quintet of cars make the trip across the pond, but could there have been more?
- 0:40 The importance of Amateur racing at Le Mans; History, competition, finance
- 0:48 LMP2 - the largest class for 2020, who are we excited for, who's missed out, who's gotten lucky?
- 1:20 GTE-Am - 9 additional cars bolster an already 11 strong full-season WEC field
- 1:39 The Reserve list - 10 cars hoping for their chance at the big one
- 1:43 Garage 56 - The return of the Innovative car
- 1:51 Final thoughts; Is the balance right?