February 8, 2021
On this episode, Michael is joined by Chris to chat everything about the upcoming Asian Le Mans Series, double-double header! We discuss the season format, the entry lists, the strength of the series, and of course, make our picks for the coveted Le Mans Auto Invites!
- 0:01 The Asian Le Mans Series for 2021
- 0:04 A double-double header: 4 races in 2 weekends
- 0:14 AsLMS response to Covid-19
- 0:18 LMP2 - A development ground for new teams and talent
- 0:37 LMP3 - A few ELMS regulars in a Ligier dominated field
- 0:53 GT3 - 19 cars, variety aplenty!
- 1:32 What does the future hold for the AsLMS?
January 22, 2021
We are back for Season 6 of Endurance Chat! Kris and Austin join Michael to chat IMSA and the Daytona 24, talking through the introduction of the LMP3 class, the musical chairs in DPi, and predictions through the entire field! We also discuss the future of GTLM in it's current state, whether or not LMP2 can maintain it's numbers for the season, and how to use RNG to predict winners in GTD.
- 0:01 SEASON 6 BAYBEE
- 0:06 Rolex 2021!
- 0:11 DPi - Star Power in a reshuffled playing field
- 0:31 GTLM - Undersubscribed, uncertain, but definitely not uninteresting!
- 0:53 LMP2 - 10 Entries across local and international efforts!
- 1:12 LMP3 - The return of PC?
- 1:28 GTD - 20 cars, stacked with quality throughout!
- 2:00 quick Pilot Challenge detour - Kris rattles off some names
Finally, we want to welcome www.TheRacingLine.app - your Motorsport Calendar App as a sponsor to the podcast!
December 28, 2020
We've made it everyone! Michael and Austin chat Bahrain WEC, IMSA, talk about some disappointments for 2020, before being joined by Lada to look back on some of the highlights of this unprecedented year, and look ahead to exciting times to come!
- 0:03 WEC Bahrain - Adequately surmised by the 50 minute highlights
- 0:18 FIAWEC Season 8 - "We got through"
- 0:22 IMSA finale - a November 12 Hours of Sebring
- 0:27 Disappointments of 2020
- 0:36 The Ginetta LMP1 Project - a post-mortem
- 1:03 Looking back on the LMP1 era
- 1:14 Highlights of 2020
- 1:29 Lets talk 2021 - LMH and LMDh
- 1:40 Asian Le Mans Series - the most exciting series for 2021?
November 21, 2020
Michael catches up with DSC Editor and voice of FIAWEC and Asian Le Mans Series, Graham Goodwin, to chat everything from Journalism in 2020 to Motorsport in 2020 to Simracing, Le Mans, and some very off topic chats in between!
A huge thanks to GG for giving us some of his time (which turned out to be a lot of his time!) and the awesome community that enables things like this to happen!
November 8, 2020
We're back! It's been a while! And Michael and Austin are talking Le Mans (only 6 weeks behind schedule whoops).
Join us as we comment on Toyota's TS050 Legacy, United Autosports' brutal professionalism, the race in two at the head of GTE-Pro, and the curse of the 98 Aston Martin. Plus Michael gets told off on live TV and Austin feels good about picking all four class winners (we also preview the FIAWEC Bahrain Finale)
It's good to be back
- 0:01 Le Mans, right?
- 0:05 HYPErpole, or was it?
- 0:08 Porsche and GTE-Pro
- 0:11 What is the TS050's legacy?
- 0:19 LMP1 - Toyota's turbo troubles tarnishes triumph
- 0:32 LMP2 - Recovery drives and flawless performances
- 0:53 GTE-Pro - Astons win the race in two
- 1:01 GTE-Am - Unstoppable performance from TF sport in a complex class
- 1:14 Floody's DSC experience
- 1:22 Surprises and disappointments
- 1:28 WEC Bahrain Finale - 'Well Lean'
October 13, 2020
Continuing the tradition, Chris and Michael reprise SupercarsChat to talk this year's Supercars Bathurst 1000. We catch you up on the Australian Supercars season, talk form guides, and analyse every team and driver pairing ahead of Australia's biggest motor race!
September 26, 2020
Austin and Kris take a look at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring Entry list, taking you through all the cars, picking out interesting drivers and entries in the lower categories, before discussing the SP9 entry to see who might take this endurance classic!
- 0:01 The reasons for the reduced entry list
- 0:06 Entry list, but in reverse - TCR, AT, V classes
- 0:17 Cup 3 and Klasse 5
- 0:30 Back to TCR, V2T, V4 and V6
- 0:47 SP3, Cup X, the rest of AT and SP4
- 0:53 dip into SP9 - BMW
- 0:58 SP categories - SP3T, SP4T, SP10, SP8, SP7
- 1:22 Another brief dip into SP9 - Falken and BMW
- 1:27 back to SP others
- 1:33 The big guns - SP9 33-15
- 1:50 SP9 - 11-1
- 2:07 brief qualifying review - the action so far
Thanks to Austin and Kris for putting this together!
September 15, 2020
Completing our trifecta of Le Mans previews, Michael, Chris and Kris got together to talk GTE at Le Mans. We cover off all the discussion points in GTE-Pro, and provide insight into the 22 strong GTE-Am grid, with poor pronunciation and wild supposition throughout! Enjoy!
- 0:01 GTE-Pro
- 0:23 GTE-Am - What is the class?
- 0:27 Teams and Drivers - AF Corse to Team Project 1
- 0:43 Teams and Drivers - Iron Lynx to Red River Sport
- 0:55 Teams and Drivers - JMW to Dempsey-Proton
- 1:19 Teams and Drivers - Gulf and Aston Martin
- 1:26 Predictions and wrap up!
September 14, 2020
Michael and Oliver walk you through every LMP1 and LMP2 car for this year's Le Mans 24 Hour. We discuss the teams, drivers, and all the additional factors we think matter for each of the 29 LMP cars entered in this years race, and some that aren't!
- 0:01 Le Mans' Farewell to LMP1
- 0:03 Toyota - The Last Hy Standing
- 0:15 LMP1 Privateers
- 0:23 The LMP2 Class - Prototype Racing on a Budget
- 0:29 Teams and Drivers - Eurointernational to Dragonspeed
- 0:44 Teams and Drivers - United to Duqueine
- 1:00 Teams and Drivers - Panis to Alpine
- 1:19 Teams and Drivers - JOTA to Richard Mille
- 1:42 Predictions, Tyres, and farewell!
September 14, 2020
New to endurance racing? Trying to figure out what Le Mans is? Confused by a race that lasts 24 Hours? This is the podcast for you! We get together to share everything you need to know for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans! Follow along and learn the importance of the event, the cars, classes and track, and the format for the Grand Prix of Endurance!
- 0:01 What is the 24 Hours of Le Mans?
- 0:13 What is the challenge?
- 0:18 The Track - 13.6km through the French countryside
- 0:41 The Classes - Prototype and GT Machinery
- 1:00 Multiclass - 4 Races all at once
- 1:06 This week - Condensed format, new qualifying!
- 1:16 How we watch, and how to get involved!