September 15, 2020
Completing our trifecta of Le Mans previews, Michael, Chris and Kris got together to talk GTE at Le Mans. We cover off all the discussion points in GTE-Pro, and provide insight into the 22 strong GTE-Am grid, with poor pronunciation and wild supposition throughout! Enjoy!
- 0:01 GTE-Pro
- 0:23 GTE-Am - What is the class?
- 0:27 Teams and Drivers - AF Corse to Team Project 1
- 0:43 Teams and Drivers - Iron Lynx to Red River Sport
- 0:55 Teams and Drivers - JMW to Dempsey-Proton
- 1:19 Teams and Drivers - Gulf and Aston Martin
- 1:26 Predictions and wrap up!
September 14, 2020
Michael and Oliver walk you through every LMP1 and LMP2 car for this year's Le Mans 24 Hour. We discuss the teams, drivers, and all the additional factors we think matter for each of the 29 LMP cars entered in this years race, and some that aren't!
- 0:01 Le Mans' Farewell to LMP1
- 0:03 Toyota - The Last Hy Standing
- 0:15 LMP1 Privateers
- 0:23 The LMP2 Class - Prototype Racing on a Budget
- 0:29 Teams and Drivers - Eurointernational to Dragonspeed
- 0:44 Teams and Drivers - United to Duqueine
- 1:00 Teams and Drivers - Panis to Alpine
- 1:19 Teams and Drivers - JOTA to Richard Mille
- 1:42 Predictions, Tyres, and farewell!
September 14, 2020
New to endurance racing? Trying to figure out what Le Mans is? Confused by a race that lasts 24 Hours? This is the podcast for you! We get together to share everything you need to know for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans! Follow along and learn the importance of the event, the cars, classes and track, and the format for the Grand Prix of Endurance!
- 0:01 What is the 24 Hours of Le Mans?
- 0:13 What is the challenge?
- 0:18 The Track - 13.6km through the French countryside
- 0:41 The Classes - Prototype and GT Machinery
- 1:00 Multiclass - 4 Races all at once
- 1:06 This week - Condensed format, new qualifying!
- 1:16 How we watch, and how to get involved!
August 28, 2020
In a 2 part episode, Michael, Chris and Ollie dive into the nitty gritty of the WEC 6 Hours of Spa Francorchamps while Austin and Kris catch up in person to share their IMSA experiences at Sebring and Road America! Be prepared for data, graphs and malarkey on both sides of the equation!
- 0:01 WEC is back! 174 days later!
- 0:03 LMP1 - The most balanced EOT we've seen... in the dry
- 0:17 LMP2 - A new empire rising in a ding-dong battle
- 0:37 GTE-Pro - Porsche outlasts the field
- 0:44 GTE-Am - The power of the super silver
- 0:54 ELMS 240 - Quick predictions for the twilight return to Le Castellet
- 0:56 Quick Le Mans chat
- 1:02 IMSA Chat, Live at Road America!
- 1:10 Sebring 2:40 - A unique race that was missing something
- 1:15 Road America - Cookie and Kris's favourite track
- 1:27 The Race - Wild weather changes the course of the race
- 1:41 Calendar changes upcoming for IMSA competition
August 8, 2020
Michael and Ollie chat all the action from a very welcome return to ELMS action from Le Castellet, before turning our attention to the ELMS and WEC Back-to-Back weekends at Spa Francorchamps. We touch on the new challengers in P2, the debut of the new P3 chassis, and the significant increase in GTE entries across both series!
- 0:01 ELMS is BACK!
- 0:04 P2 - United back in a big way
- 0:21 P3 - New P3's, usual suspects
- 0:32 GTE - Incidents, confusion, and another Porsche victory
- 0:46 ELMS Spa Francorchamps preview - big grid with big additions
- 0:55 WEC returns - Entry list changes aplenty, and the final hit out before the big one!
July 14, 2020
In this episode, Michael and Austin discuss IMSA's return to racing and preview the commencement of the 2020 ELMS season at Le Castellet! Austin shares his experience attending the Daytona 240, before we give you the low down on who's racing where in the ELMS!
- 0:01 IMSA's back!
- 0:08 Weather and Strategy
- 0:12 GTLM - Vette and Porsche to the wire
- 0:14 GTD - Double Domination
- 0:22 DPi - also domination
- 0:30 Looking back, and looking forward to Sebring
- 0:38 ELMS back to racing at Le Castellet!
- 0:41 LMP2 - Changes in last year's protagonists
- 0:52 LMP3 - New cars, new Challengers
- 1:00 GTE - Aston returns in a very healthy class
- 1:05 SRO GT World Challenge Europe - 42 full season cars for next weekend!
- 1:10 Motorsports big weekend around the world!
July 2, 2020
In this episode of Endurance Chat, Michael catches up with Oliver to review the the Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans and look ahead to the return of top-level sportscars in the US!
- 0:01 Virtual Le Mans - Porting the WEC to the Virtual World
- 0:07 The tone and reach of the event
- 0:18 The problems
- 0:32 Marketing, outreach, engagement, and accessibility
- 0:41 Actually talking about the race!
- 0:48 Will VLM24 become a consistent fixture?
- 0:56 (also there was a GT class)
- 0:57 IMSA at Daytona preview
- 1:03 Lean entries for the return. What do we think?
- 1:13 General IMSA discussion
June 3, 2020
In this episode, Michael, Austin and Chris (with the help of Ollie and Lada) talk race tracks. What makes a good circuit? What circuits are overrated? Which are our favourites? Why does Sebring suck? All these questions and more will be debated, discussed and dissected by our panel.
- 0:01 Lets start at Le Mans, and the classic tracks of the 50's and 60's
0:14 Old airfields, flat service roads, and Sebring...
0:28 Modern circuit design, and the "Tilkedrome"
0:35 Complaining about lesser known tracks
0:42 Spa Francorchamps... Overrated?
0:52 Hidden gems, local racetracks, and Pie Floaters
1:23 Street Circuits - A race track that takes over a city
1:37 The Nordschleife
1:43 Favourite tracks, favourite corners, and final grievances
May 24, 2020
In another edition of Flood and Cookie's Intimate Hour, Michael and Austin discuss the return to racing, as organising bodies start to release updated calendars to restart series around the world. We chat WEC, Le Mans, ELMS, IMSA and other sportscar racing updates, before rounding off with a 20 minute discussion on whatever we felt like really!
- 0:03 WEC - Spa, Le Mans and Bahrain to return us to a calendar-year season
- 0:18 Le Mans - Extra darkness, less GTE-Pros. Where do we stand?
- 0:39 ELMS Calendar - Silverstone the casualty in a condensed schedule
- 0:43 IMSA - Tight turnarounds in a 20 week season
- 0:55 The Bathurst 12 Hour - A potential Supercars double header?
- 1:08 Flood and Cookie go off the rails
May 7, 2020
KiwiChris takes the reins in this episode, and subjects us to an Endurance Motorsport themed Games Show! Join team captains Michael and Austin as they make their way through 4 rounds of games to see who comes out on top!
- 0:02 Let the Games Begin!
- 0:04 Round 1 - Ta-broom!
- 0:22 Round 2 - The Price is WHAT?
- 0:38 Round 3 - What's that commentary?
- 1:07 Round 4 - Name ALL the things!
- 1:15 Round 5 - The Final Question